If you have been researching the various weight loss tips, tricks and techniques available everywhere online, you may have stumbled upon the term thermogenesis. This article will describe briefly what it means and how it can be utilized to good effect to help burn surplus body fat and lose weight naturally.
What is Thermogenenis?
Thermogenesis is the process by which the body creates heat. This natural bodily function can be stimulated in two ways: shivering and nonshivering thermogenesis.
Non-shivering thermogenesis, also known as brown fat thermogenesis, occurs when mitochondria generate heat through metabolic processes that do not require a change in muscle contractions.
Brown fat tissue is found mostly in infants and hibernating animals but has been discovered to exist among adults as well! Read on for more information on how to naturally increase thermogenic activity!
How Can Increasing Thermogenesis Naturally Help You Lose Weight?
Non-shivering thermogenesis is the most beneficial type of thermogenesis when it comes to weight loss. This is because brown fat tissue consumes more calories than any other kind of body tissue! In fact, research has shown that just a few ounces of brown fat can burn up to 200 calories per day!
Thermogeneis can also be increased by adding certain known fat burning foods and ingredients to your diet. Some of the most beneficial thermogenic agents can be found in male fat burning supplements – morso than female equivalent products.
So how do you increase your body’s natural ability to produce heat and promote weight loss? Here are some tips:
Thermogenic Foods That Can Burn Fat
- Eat spicy foods – Spicy foods like chili peppers contain capsaicin, which stimulates the release of catecholamines (hormones such as adrenaline) from the adrenal glands. These hormones trigger non-shivering thermogenesis in the body.
- Drink coffee or tea – Both coffee and tea contain caffeine, which is a natural stimulant that speeds up the metabolism and increases nonshivering thermogenesis.
- Eat more protein – Protein stimulates the release of glucagon from your pancreas. Glucagon leads to greater insulin sensitivity in cells and helps promote brown fat tissue growth! This effect can be enhanced by eating eggs or fish with high levels of omega-three fatty acids such as salmon every day.
- Eat more green vegetables – Green leafy vegetables such as kale and spinach have a high nutrient density, which triggers the growth of brown fat tissue.
- Drink ice cold water – Drinking at least 16 ounces of ice-cold water every day can trigger non-shivering thermogenesis without needing to eat spicy foods or caffeine!
Other Tips to Increase Thermogenesis Naturally
- Turn on the heat – Try taking an invigorating shower before you go for a run outside (if it’s cold where you live). The warm water will stimulate non-shivering thermogenesis while exercising and help keep your body temperature elevated even after returning indoors! If possible, try spending some time outdoors on cold days to take advantage of this natural fat-burning process.
- Dress warmly – Wearing layers of clothing can help trap heat and increase thermogenesis.
- Use a heating pad – Place a heating pad on your abdomen or chest to stimulate the production of heat in your core.
What About Thermogenic Fat Burning Supplements?
There are a number of thermogenic supplements on the market that can help you boost your body’s natural ability to produce heat and promote weight loss.
More often than not supplement manufacturers target men and produce fat burners for men that can increase thermogenesis naturally and accelerate your metabolic rate. There are effective female fat burners but women targeted fat loss products are more low stimulant or even completely stimulant free.
If you do choose to use a thermogenic fat burning supplement then do your due diligence and research carefully as there are arguably more ineffective fat burners than effective ones. Here are some thermogenic and complimenting ingredients that should be present in the formula.
- Green Tea: Green tea contains a thermogenic compound called epigallocatechin gallate, which is very effective in boosting the body’s metabolism and can help you burn fat naturally.
- Caffeine: This popular stimulant found in coffee, green tea and even chocolate helps increase your metabolic rate to ensure that more calories are burned throughout the day. It also assists with focus and concentration so you stay on track when it comes to dieting!
- Cayenne Pepper Extract: Cayenne pepper extract acts as an appetite suppressant while increasing non-shivering thermogenesis at the same time which can lead to significant weight loss over time.
- Yohimbine: Extracts from the yohimbe tree are often used in thermogenic supplements as they help to break down fat cells and increase energy expenditure.
Here are some complimentary ingredients often found in fat burning supplements for both women and men.
- L-Tyrosine: L-tyrosine is a nonessential amino acid that acts as a precursor to neurotransmitters such as dopamine and norepinephrine, which play an important role in the regulation of mood. It can also be used by the body to produce thyroid hormones, which serve to increase resting metabolic rate.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid: Alpha lipoic acid functions as both an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent while promoting healthy blood sugar levels already within normal range! This allows you to burn fat more effectively throughout the day without suffering from low energy or food cravings.
- Acetyl L Carnitine: Acetyl l Carnitine serves multiple purposes when it comes to weight loss including acting as a potent appetite suppressant and increasing the rate of lipolysis, which is a process that breaks down fat cells to release fatty acids into your bloodstream.
- Guarana: Guarana is very similar in structure and function to caffeine as they are both xanthine alkaloids derived from plants. However it also contains other compounds such as theophylline and theobromine that work together with caffeine to create an even greater stimulant effect on metabolism!
- Glucomannan: Glucomannan is a dietary fiber that swells up in the stomach to create a feeling of fullness and suppress appetite. This can help you eat fewer calories overall and lose weight in the process!
The above list covers some of the most effective thermogenic natural fat burners along with their suggested complimentary ingredients so you can start looking for supplements containing these ingredients.
Increasing Thermogenesis Naturally Conclusion
In conclusion, thermogenesis is a natural process that your body goes through in order to produce heat. This can help you burn more calories and promote weight loss over time.
There are a number of thermogenic supplements on the market with ingredients that can help increase this process, such as caffeine, green tea extract, cayenne pepper extract and yohimbine.
You should also look for complimentary ingredients like L-tyrosine, alpha lipoic acid and acetyl l carnitine when searching for a quality supplement. Increasing thermogenesis naturally is definitely an efficient way to lose weight!
Above all else, don’t rely solely on thermogenic fat burning supplements. You should concentrate on a wider range of techniques for increasing thermogenesis naturally.