Cannabidiol (CBD) has recently been one of the biggest names in the health and wellness landscape. With its promising natural, non-psychoactive, and non-intoxicating therapeutic approach, more and more users jump into the use and consumption of CBD products.
When CBD products first emerged in the industry, one of the first products is CBD oil.
What Is CBD Oil?
CBD oil is essentially an oil product that contains CBD extract from the Cannabis plant, including Cannabis sativa, Cannabis indica, and hemp plant. Cannabidiol, the wonder compound that started it all, is known to have an oil-soluble nature–where it can perform better when combined with fatty substances, such as oil.
A CBD oil product may contain more than one active ingredient, which is CBD itself. There are different types of CBD oil according to their ingredients and their concentration:
- Full-Spectrum CBD: A full-spectrum CBD oil contains a wide range of cannabinoids and plant extracts, thus bearing the name ‘full-spectrum.’ Aside from CBD, its ingredients include tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) of less than 0.3%, terpenes, and flavonoids.
- Broad-Spectrum CBD: This type of CBD oil has the same ingredients as full-spectrum CBD, except the psychoactive ingredient, THC.
- CBD Isolate: As its name suggests, CBD isolates have an isolated CBD content where there are no other active ingredients other than CBD.
How Is CBD Oil Made?
Before cannabinoid goes straight into any CBD-infused product, it must be extracted first from the Cannabis plant. Manufacturers utilize different methods to take out CBD from its plant material. Depending on their quality requirements and budget, they may utilize these methods:
- Oil infusion
- Steam distillation
- Carbon dioxide (CO2) extraction
- Natural solvent extraction
- Hydrocarbon solvent extraction
After extraction, they can take further steps to eliminate more unwanted elements from the extract. These steps may depend on which type of CBD oil they’re aiming to produce.
Moreover, take note that CBD oils aren’t made equally. As companies have different methods, approaches, and standards to create their CBD oils, it’s paramount to find a reputable CBD company that markets high-quality CBD oil, like SUPA Naturals CBD.
Interesting Ways People Use CBD Oil
To kickstart your journey to CBD oil consumption, take a look at these five interesting ways how people use CBD oil in their health, wellness, and beauty routine:
1. Consume CBD Oil Orally and Sublingually
Using the dropper found in the product, you can opt to take the product as it is. With oral consumption, swallow a few drops of CBD oil according to their recommended dosage. However, this isn’t the best delivery system for people looking for quick relief.
Taking CBD oil sublingually means that you have to place a few drops under your tongue and hold the product in for a while before swallowing it. This method allows CBD to absorb into your bloodstream immediately without bypassing digestion.
Aside from using CBD oil for personal use, did you know that it’s also safe for pets? Direct placement of CBD oil is the best delivery method to achieve its benefits in the right dosage. Whenever your pet is anxious, stressed, in pain, or has a low appetite, you may offer CBD oil to improve their condition. If you’re placing CBD oil directly into their mouth, make sure to give them a tasty treat afterward to mask the taste.
2. Placing A Few Drops On Favorite Food and Drinks
Sublingual CBD consumption isn’t for everyone. If you can’t tolerate the intense, earthy taste of CBD oils, you can add them to your favorite food and drinks. This way, you’re hitting two birds with one stone–enjoying CBD’s benefits with ease and convenience while having a taste of your favorite treats.
If you’re suffering from general stress or anxiety, just add a few drops of CBD oil into your smoothie, coffee, salad, or any favorite treat for two-in-one relief and serotonin boost. Since the CBD would have to go through the digestive system first, it’s recommended to try this method before starting a stressful day.
CBD can also help enhance your sleep quality. Two to three hours before your bedtime, make sure to consume your food infused with CBD oil to reap the sleep benefits of CBD right when you need it.
3. Cooking Hearty Recipes With CBD Oil
Want to customize your foodie experience further? Don’t worry as you can also use CBD oils for cooking and baking. Instead of adding CBD oil as a final touch on your food, like discussed in the previous section, incorporate it into several recipes, which can even potentially enhance its health benefits.
As mentioned earlier, CBD oil works best with fats and oils. Therefore, you can use it along with butter or cooking oil on direct heat, but keep in mind not to overheat them as CBD oil will decrease its effectiveness.
4. Inhaling CBD Vape Oil
For the fastest, on-the-go CBD oil consumption, look for none other than vaping CBD oils. Using a vaping device and vaping the oil, you’ll be able to directly inhale the CBD-containing vapor, which goes into your lungs, then into the bloodstream.
Furthermore, CBD vapor inhalation potentially has a higher bioavailability than other delivery methods. And, you’ll get to determine how much CBD will be absorbed into your body.
Another advantage of inhaling CBD is its high customizability. You can load several vaping devices with CBD vaping oils and juices of different flavors and CBD concentrations. Be careful not to use ordinary CBD oil since they’re not the same as CBD vaping oil.
5. Applying CBD Face Oils Topically
CBD is also known to possess properties that are beneficial to the skin. If you’re looking for a new product to add to your beauty routine, how about trying CBD face oils, serums, or other CBD-infused skincare products?
Additionally, CBD oils can have little to no irritation in different skin types and can even deliver a healthy glow into your skin.
Here are ways on how CBD oils can benefit your skin type:
- Aging Skin: CBD’s antioxidant properties may prevent free-radical damage on your skin, which you usually get from sun exposure and environmental stress. Using CBD face oil may also help reduce visible signs of aging in your skin.
- Sensitive Skin: As long as the product is formulated without irritants and allergens that are incompatible with your skin, you can incorporate CBD face oil into your skincare regimen.
- Oily, Acne-Prone Skin: Acne usually stems from excessive sebum production and buildup of bacteria getting clogged into your pores. Surprisingly, CBD has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, which can minimize oil production, reduce breakouts, and calm visible redness.
Also, CBD face oils are different from CBD oils. Make sure to choose a CBD oil formulated for skincare, including other skin-friendly ingredients like panthenol, fatty alcohols, and more.
With these discussed ways to use CBD oil, it’s indeed surprising how CBD can become a part of people’s daily life. If you’re still starting with CBD consumption, it’s crucial to ask for guidance from a health professional to ensure that CBD oils won’t do more harm than good to your health. Lastly, put high-quality CBD oil purchase as your top priority.